PresenterMedia is a vendor of PowerPoint and presentation-related design assets that you can use in your slides in many ways. They are based in Sioux Falls, SD, United States, and we have featured them frequently on this site before. Recently, they announced the updated PresenterMedia add-in for PowerPoint, which provides access to all their assets right inside PowerPoint without having to go to their website and download them individually.
PresenterMedia is a vendor of PowerPoint and presentation-related design assets that you can use in your slides in many ways. They are based in Sioux Falls, SD, United States, and we have featured them frequently on this site before.
PresenterMedia Add in for PowerPoint
Conversation with Judd Albrecht
Judd Albrecht has always been a creative person, from when he was young all the way up until now. Some ways he satisfies that need to be creative are animating, creating graphics, writing/playing music and playing with his kids. He went to school and graduated with a degree in 3D animation. Along with a background in animation, he developed many more skills that have made him a well-rounded digital artist. The thing he loves most about being an artist at PresenterMedia is being able to create content that will help people better express their message and help bring their presentations visually to life. In this small conversation, he talks about the new Presenter Media add-in for PowerPoint.
Geetesh: Judd, tell us more about your new Presenter Media add-in for PowerPoint, and how does it help PowerPoint users?
Judd: Our new PowerPoint add-in allows PowerPoint users to instantly add our graphics, videos, and animations to their PowerPoint slides with ease. They have access to all our customization tools directly inside PowerPoint to quickly add their personal touch to our designs. The add-in now allows users to browse individual template slides from our PowerPoint templates collection and individually insert them, allowing even faster assembling of their presentations.
The world moves fast, and we know that people’s time is limited. Using our new add-in, PowerPoint users have the perfect design tool to quickly create engaging presentation slides with outstanding visuals and custom designs. Our main goal is for presenters to be confident in the designs they present to their audience.
Let us install and play with this add-in and explore the possibilities and offerings. Follow these steps to learn more.
- To install the add-in, launch a recent version of PowerPoint. We are using PowerPoint 365 for Windows. Now, access the Insert tab of the Ribbon, and click the Get Add-ins button, as shown highlighted in red in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Get Add-ins button
- Doing so brings up the Office Add-ins dialog box that you can see in Figure 2, below. Type in presentermedia in the Search box, highlighted in red in Figure 2, and then click the Search button, highlighted in blue.
Figure 2: Office Add-ins dialog box
- You’ll see the PresenterMedia add-in within the results, as shown in Figure 3, below. Click the Add button, highlighted in green to proceed with the installation.
Figure 3: Install the PresenterMedia add-in
- You’ll next see some license terms that will need to accept to install the add-in. Click the Continue button, as shown in Figure 4, below.
Figure 4: Accept the license terms
- The PresenterMedia add-in will now be installed. You’ll see the PresenterMedia button within the far end of the Home tab of the Ribbon, as shown highlighted in red within Figure 5, below.
Figure 5: PresenterMedia add-in installed inside PowerPoint
- Click this button, and you will see the PresenterMedia task pane, as shown in Figure 6, below. You can click on any of the buttons or thumbnails in this task pane, and you will see a larger window open with more information and bigger previews. However, you will not be able to use any of the Presente Media assets unless you subscribe to one of their plans, and then sign in. However, you can still search for assets using the Search box, highlighted in red in Figure 6.
Figure 6: Presenter Media Task Pane
- To view available plans, you can click on the Get unlimited access now link, highlighted in blue in Figure 6, above. You will be taken to the Presenter Media site where you can opt for one of the available subscriptions. On the other hand, if you have already subscribed to one of Presenter Media’s subscription plans, you can click the Sign In button, highlighted in green in Figure 6.
- We clicked the Sign In button, which brings up a window where you enter your credentials. Next, you are signed in, as can be seen in the PresenterMedia task pane shown in Figure 7, below.
Figure 7: Signed in within the Presenter Media Task Pane
- Now that you are signed in, you can click any of the larger buttons such as Template Slides, Custom Graphics, Video Maker Layouts, Word Cloud Maker, etc., as shown in Figure 7, above. You can also search from all PresenterMedia assets, using the Search box, located towards the top of the Task pane.
- We searched for the term, apple, and results showed in a new window within PowerPoint, as shown in Figure 8, below. Notice that this window is different than the PresenterMedia task pane, which still exists, as can be seen in Figure 8.
Figure 8: Search results show in a new window
- You can click on any of the search results, and you can be almost sure that some customization will be possible in the resultant window. In our case, you can see that we chose a conventional red apple, as can be seen in Figure 9, below. However, we can choose a recolored apple, with choices such as blue and purple apples too! We decided to retain the red apple and then clicked the Build Image button, highlighted in red in Figure 9.
Figure 9: Customize and build image
- You’ll next see a window similar to what you see in Figure 10, below. Do note that PresenterMedia provides us with a choice of three sizes: Small, Medium, and Large, as can be seen highlighted in green in Figure 10. Once you are happy with the results, click on the large Add to PowerPoint button at the bottom, as shown highlighted in red in Figure 10.
Figure 10: Add to PowerPoint
- The window does not close, as you can similarly make more customizations and add more apples. When you are done, close the window to get back to your PowerPoint slide, as shown in Figure 11, below.
Figure 11: Apple inserted on the slide
As you can see, the new Presenter Media add-in is a huge time-saver, and lets you explore a huge number of assets and insert them without even leaving PowerPoint.