We are exploring an add-in from the Microsoft Office Add-ins Store called Pixabay Images. Yes, this add-in lets you insert images from Pixabay into your PowerPoint slides and Word documents too. We already have a review of Pixabay elsewhere on this site, so we will go ahead and focus only on the add-in for this post.
Follow these steps with us to go through a small walkthrough:
- Launch PowerPoint and access the Insert tab of the Ribbon. Then click the Get Add-ins button, as shown in Figure 1, below.
Figure 1: Get Add-ins button
Get Add-ins in Other PowerPoint Versions
You’ll find the Get Add-ins button in PowerPoint 365 and 2019 for Windows. If you are using PowerPoint 2016 or 2013 for Windows, you will see the similar-sounding Add-ins button instead. It seems to work the same way, but for the rest of this tutorial, we are using PowerPoint 365 for Windows.
- Doing so brings up the Office Add-ins dialog box that you can see in Figure 2, below.
Figure 2: Office Add-ins
- You will see several featured add-ins listed here. Since we are looking for a particular add-in, we typed in ‘Pixabay’ without the quotes in the Search box, highlighted in red within Figure 2, above. Then press the Enter key or click the Search button.
- The resultant window shows Pixabay Images within the results, as shown in Figure 3, below. Click the Add button, highlighted in blue.
Figure 3: Pixabay Images
- In a moment, you should see the new Images from Pixabay button on the Insert tab of the Ribbon, as shown in Figure 5, below.
Figure 5: Images from Pixabay
- Click on this Images from Pixabay button, and you will see the Pixabay Images Task Pane, as shown in Figure 6, below.
Figure 6: Pixabay Images Task Pane
- You can type in keywords for your search in the Search box, highlighted in red within Figure 7, below.
Figure 7: Search box within Pixabay Images
- To insert any picture from the search results in the Task Pane, just click the picture’s thumbnail. Doing so will insert the picture on your slide, as shown in Figure 8, below.
Figure 8: Picture inserted on slide
- If you are using PowerPoint 365, you may also see the Design Ideas Task Pane as soon as a picture is inserted, as shown in Figure 9, below. To learn more, explore our PowerPoint Designer tutorial.
Figure 9: Design Ideas Task Pane
Once you use images from Pixabay, it’s a good idea to attribute the source of the picture and also the owner of the picture. Look at our Attributing Creative Commons Pictures in PowerPoint Slides tutorial to learn more.
You May Also Like: Pixabay