Here’s a question I was recently asked.
I created a training PowerPoint presentation that has links to other PowerPoint presentation. But when I am finished the other linked PowerPoints, they are still open. Is there a way to have them close when you link back to the original one?
The answer is quite simple, but not very obvious. Here are some guidelines that will help:
- You need not link back from the linked presentation — to the original one. In fact, make sure you do not do so!
- Now you only have a one-way link from the original, source presentation to the destination presentation.
- Click the link from the original, source presentation to the destination presentation.
- Play the destination presentation. When you are done, simply press the Esc key on your keyboard to close the destination presentation.
- Once the destination presentation is closed, you will be landed right back to your original, source presentation. In fact, you will get back to the same slide from where you linked!
Do explore some of our linking tutorials: