Add Multiple Guides
Thursday, May 17, 2007
posted by Geetesh Bajaj
at 7:06 AM IST
Question: How do I add multiple horizontal and vertical guides to my PowerPoint slides.
Answer: Follow these steps:
- Make your guides visible if they are not already visible.
- Select one of the guides, and press Ctrl as you drag the guide. You’ll see the guide coordinates as you Ctrl-drag them to create new guides if your Ruler is visible (View | Ruler).
- You can add up to 8 horizontal and 8 vertical guides using this process.
If you need more guides, follow this process to create a mock guide-map:
- You can create guide lines with PowerPoint’s line tool — and then add a dash style to those lines.
- Create variations of thick and thin lines to create major and minor guides.
- These lines can then be grouped — and cut, copied, and pasted over any slide you want to use the same “guide-map” for.
- You can also copy the guide-map between presentations — delete this guide-map when done.
Microsoft and the Office logo are trademarks or
registered trademarks of Microsoft Corporation
in the United States and/or other countries.